Madeline McIntosh Appointed to Bertelsmann Group Management Committee
Madeline McIntosh, CEO Penguin Random House U.S., will join the Bertelsmann Group Management Committee (GMC), effective immediately. Since Bertelsmann’s acquisition of Random House in 1998 McIntosh has been an executive at the international media, services and education company. Just last week she was named to her current position, as head of Penguin Random House’s U.S. business.
Thomas Rabe, Chairman & CEO of Bertelsmann, said: “I am very pleased that Madeline McIntosh will sit on the Group Management Committee going forward. Madeline is one of our Group’s internationally recognized leaders, and with her many years of very successful work at Penguin Random House, she is an excellent addition to our GMC.”
Madeline McIntosh began her publishing career in 1994 at Bantam Doubleday Dell, Random House's predecessor. Since then, she has held successive leadership positions, including President and COO, Penguin Random House U.S., and most recently, President, Penguin Publishing Group.
The GMC advises and supports the Bertelsmann Executive Board on important matters of corporate strategy and development, as well as other Group-wide issues. It now has 17 members, with seven different nationalities.
Alongside the Executive Board members Thomas Rabe (Chairman & CEO Bertelsmann), Markus Dohle (CEO Penguin Random House), Immanuel Hermreck (Chief HR Officer Bertelsmann), Bernd Hirsch (Chief Financial Officer Bertelsmann), and Anke Schäferkordt (CEO Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland), the following senior Bertelsmann managers now comprise the GMC:
- Bert Habets (CEO RTL Group)
- Axel Hentrei (CEO Bertelsmann Printing Group)
- Julia Jäkel (CEO Gruner + Jahr)
- Kay Krafft (CEO Bertelsmann Education Group)
- Andreas Krohn (CEO Arvato CRM Solutions)
- Annabelle Yu Long (CEO Bertelsmann China Corporate Center und Managing Partner Bertelsmann Asia Investments)
- Madeline McIntosh (CEO Penguin Random House U.S.)
- Hartwig Masuch (CEO BMG)
- Gail Rebuck (Board Member Penguin Random House)
- Frank Schirrmeister (CEO Arvato SCM Solutions)
- Karin Schlautmann (Head of Corporate Communications at Bertelsmann)
- Nicolas de Tavernost (Chairman of the Executive Board of Groupe M6)
Bertelsmann is a media, services and education company that operates in about 50 countries around the world. It includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the music company BMG, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds. The company has 119,000 employees and generated revenues of €17.2 billion in the 2017 financial year. Bertelsmann stands for entrepreneurship and creativity. This combination promotes first-class media content and innovative service solutions that inspire customers around the world.